July 2nd, 2018:

Updated: Jul 3, 2018

Monday, July 2nd, 2018:

DAY 16:

Today was split into two segments. For the first half of the day, I continued working on the QA of a certain shot that I was working on last Friday. Last week I only got through 23/35 shots, so I needed to prepare the rest of them to be ready for animation today. With QAing, I needed to:

1. Open up the Master Shot

2. Open up the individual clip shot

3. Compare the Master with the individual clip and make sure the cameras are the same

4. Have the safe area within the shot, and see the frame range is the same

This doesn't seem like it is a lot - and it isn't - the files are just super big so it took quite a bit of time because of how long they took to load and save. The intensity of the environment, data, and characters in the shot really make this project worth its hype.

Post QAing, I went on stage to see the work that we were preparing for on Friday. Today, one of our clients came in to record/prepare a ROM for the character setup, that will be used in a shoot on Friday. We did a couple of ROMs and about 1-2 takes before we called it. We allowed the actor to get out of his suit, but kept all of the markers on it and sprayed it down so that the placement was proper for Friday.

On Friday, we will be real-time streaming into the Unreal Engine for the environment, so today was just character setup preparation for that.

From here, Troy and I re-calibrated the system, and prepared all of the data we got to hand off to the next phase in the pipeline to Alastair. Here are my notes from what we did in terms of changing the data to be processed by Alastair, and the video/audio process in the data going to Shotgun.

DAILY HOURS: 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (9 hours)


Recent Posts

See All

October 7th-11th, 2019:

I'm getting terrible at consistently doing a post of my work! But I am going to try and really focus on it from here on out (insert all of you reading this rolling your eyes right about now). For the